World Trade Center News
- An Urban Archive Was Lost on 9/11. This Agency Is Trying to Rebuild It.
The Port Authority, which was headquartered in the World Trade Center and lost 84 employees, is collecting artifacts with the help of retirees.
Winnie Hu. New York Times. Thu, 09 Sep 2021 20:20:00 +0000.
- Teen whose father died in 9/11 attacks faces phobia of elevators at World trade Center
Gabriel Dick took the 102-floor ride up to the top of the World Trade Center in an effort to conquer his fears of elevators and tall buildings. He says the journey changed him and his way of thinking.
Daily Mail. Wed, 08 Sep 2021 17:14:59 GMT.
- 'We had to rebuild': Former Gov. Pataki reflects on redeveloping the World Trade Center site, two decades after 9/11
Two decades after 9/11, former Gov. George Pataki said he sees parallels between rebuilding then, after a terrorist attack, and now, after a pandemic.
Liz Young. American City Business Journals. Tue, 07 Sep 2021 21:54:32 +0000.
- Drone Striking World Trade Center Is A Wake-Up Call
The New York Post reports that a small drone has slammed into a building in the World Trade Center complex. This was not a terrorist attack -- but the next one might be.
By David Hambling, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 09:05:50 -0400.
- Company That Took Down Seattle Kingdome to Demolish Surfside Tower
The company was also involved in work at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building after the Oklahoma City bombing and on the World Trade Center after the attack on Sept. 11.
Andrés R. Martínez. New York Times. Sun, 04 Jul 2021 19:28:50 +0000.
- One World Trade Center time-lapse elevators reveal sunset, evening city views
Traveling 102 floors in under 60 seconds, the nighttime journey up the skyscraper reflects the light outside. The floor-to-ceiling monitors recreate the construction of New York City from the 16th century to the present.
CBS News. Sat, 03 Apr 2021 22:52:10 -0400.
- MoneyWatch: Gas prices keep falling; Freedom Tower opens to tenants
The national average for a gallon of gas reached $2.99, a new four-year low. Plus, publishing company Conde Nast will move into One World Trade Center on Monday as the building's first tenant. ...
CBS News. Fri, 26 Mar 2021 22:34:10 -0400.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.