- Uranium cube could reveal more about Nazi plot to build a nuclear bomb
Uranium cubes that formed part of a failed Nazi nuclear reactor are being studied by experts at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, Washington.
Daily Mail. Tue, 24 Aug 2021 14:05:16 GMT.
- The race to build a commercial fusion reactor hots up
A Canadian firm plans a demonstration machine in Britain
Economist. Thu, 24 Jun 2021 00:00:00 +0000.
- Bill Gates and Warren Buffet to build revolutionary Natrium nuclear plant - 'Game-changer'
BILL GATES and his friend Warren Buffet announced on Wednesday that they would build their first Natrium nuclear reactor in Wyoming at a soon-to-be-retired coal-fired power plant.
Daily Express. Fri, 04 Jun 2021 00:12:51 +0100.
- Japan building massive ice wall to seal in Fukushima reactor
Japanese scientists are busy at work installing hundreds of pipes, 100 feet deep, designed to create a one-mile-long barrier of frozen soil, which will seal in the four reactors at Fukushima, damaged in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. ...
CBS News. Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:13:12 -0400.
- Erdogan, Putin Witness Launch Of Construction At Turkish Nuclear Plant
The Russian and Turkish presidents have witnessed the launch of construction of a new reactor at Turkey's first nuclear power plant.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 10 Mar 2021 16:49:37 +0000.
- Erdogan, Putin remotely start nuclear reactor construction
The presidents of Turkey and Russia have remotely inaugurated the construction of a third nuclear reactor of Akkuyu power plant in southern Turkey, vowing to continue their close cooperation
Via Ap News Wire. The Independent. Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:02:23 GMT.
- Neutrino Detectors Could Be Used to Spot Nuclear Rogues
In theory, the particles could reveal whether a reactor is building up plutonium for weapons. US energy experts are starting to take the idea seriously.
Sarah Scoles. Wired. Tue, 06 Oct 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- Bill Gates: Trade War Thwarting Technological Growth
When Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates tried to build an experimental nuclear reactor in China, his plan was thwarted by U.S. foreign investment restrictions.
Newsmax. Fri, 22 Nov 2019 13:54:24 EDT.
- Iran begins constructing second nuclear reactor at Bushehr plant
New reactor - and a third planned to be built - will each add more than 1,000 megawatts to Iran's power grid.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:55:10 GMT.
- Iran begins building 2nd nuclear power reactor at Bushehr
Authorities began pouring concrete for the base of the reactor on Sunday in the presence of journalists in Bushehr, some 700 kilometers (440 miles) south from Tehran.
Voice of America. Sun, 10 Nov 2019 07:34:23 -0500.
The word reactor is a noun. Reactor means (1) (physics) any of several kinds of apparatus that maintain and control a nuclear reaction for the production of energy or artificial elements, (2) an electrical device used to introduce reactance into a circuit.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.