Offshore Wind News
- TotalEnergies (TTE) to Build EV Charging Network in Antwerp
TotalEnergies (TTE) receives a contract to develop the city of Antwerp's EV charging network and provide electricity to these charging points from its offshore wind farms.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 02 Sep 2021 16:02:00 GMT.
- Port of Albany picks design team for $300 million-plus offshore wind complex
The port is preparing to construct a wind tower assembly plant on the banks of the Hudson River in Bethlehem. It's part of the state's push to make New York home to the largest offshore wind program in the United States.
Robin K. Cooper. American City Business Journals. Wed, 24 Mar 2021 21:51:33 +0000.
- PM pledges £95m to build offshore wind power projects in 'Red Wall' areas
Boris Johnson is handing more government cash to the Tories' "Red Wall" areas, with almost £100m to build offshore wind power projects and create 6,000 new jobs in Teesside and Humberside.
Sky News. Wed, 10 Mar 2021 20:06:00 +0000.
- Denmark wants to build a renewable energy island in the North Sea, the largest construction project in its history
The country is a pioneer when it comes to offshore wind projects.
CNBC. Fri, 05 Feb 2021 16:04:36 GMT.
- Puffins will be driven to extinction by plan to power UK with offshore wind energy by 2030 says RSPB
The UK conservation charity has urged the Government to keep its objectives 'in harmony with nature', recommending to build solar and wind panels in areas with a lower level of biodiversity.
Daily Mail. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:42:12 +0100.
- COOEC-Fluor JV Wins Seagreen 1 Wind Project in North Sea
Fluor (FLR) and COOEC JV is set to build and deliver jackets as well as suction caissons for the Seagreen 1 offshore wind project.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 18 Sep 2020 15:25:00 GMT.
- Scots offshore wind farm blades to be made in Isle of Wight
Danish firm Vestas wins the contract to build turbines for Scotland's largest offshore wind farm.
BBC News. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:36:36 GMT.
- Denmark plans to create energy islands in Baltic and North Sea
Denmark on Wednesday proposed a more than tripling of its offshore wind capacity by building two energy islands linked to new wind farms in the Baltic and North seas to help to meet climate change targets.
Reuters. Wed, 20 May 2020 11:40:58 -0400.
- Underwater pile driving noise causes alarm responses in squid
Exposure to underwater pile driving noise, which can be associated with the construction of docks, piers, and offshore wind farms, causes squid to exhibit strong alarm behaviors, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:20:08 EST.
- Shell, EDP team up to pitch offshore wind farm to Connecticut
Mayflower Wind, a joint venture between Shell New Energies US and EDPR Offshore North America, announced Monday it submitted bids to state officials in Connecticut to develop and build an offshore wind farm.
L.m. Sixel. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 1 Oct 2019 11:00:00 UTC.
Offshore Wind Farm at Sunset
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.