- Southern Company (SO) Revises Schedule for Vogtle Nuclear Units
The delay in Southern Company's (SO) units' start-up is mainly in view of the need for additional time to tackle continued challenges relating to construction activities.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:35:00 GMT.
- Rolls-Royce being urged to carry out nuclear testing in UK
The engineering giant has shortlisted the SIET institute in Piacenza for testing work as part of its plan to build small nuclear reactors.
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 21:18:50 GMT.
- Kishida travels to Fukushima for visit to damaged nuclear plant
In its campaign platform, the ruling party said it will speed up efforts to rebuild the northeastern region.
Japan Times. Sun, 17 Oct 2021 14:57:20 +0900.
- Iran claims to have 80% of uranium needed to build nuclear bomb
Iran claims 120 kg. jump in 20% enriched uranium. If true, the numbers could be considered a major jump forward in Iran's uranium enrichment efforts.
Jerusalem Post. Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:35:12 GMT.
- Energy crisis: Government has domestic nuclear option as China is frozen out
It seems China will have no part in the construction of new nuclear power stations in Britain.
Sky News. Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:57:00 +0100.
- Hinkley nuclear power station on track for 2026 opening
The site in Somerset is 49% complete after five years of construction.
BBC News. Wed, 29 Sep 2021 05:27:04 GMT.
- France recalls ambassador to U.S. over submarine deal
France recalled its ambassador to the U.S. after the U.S. and the U.K. reached a deal with Australia to build nuclear submarines for the nation. The French had their own deal with Australia, which was scrapped.
CBS News. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:53:54 -0400.
- Iran 'on brink of having nuclear weapon', chilling report to ring alarm bells for Biden
IRAN is likely to have sufficient enriched uranium by next month to allow the Islamic Republic to construct a nuclear weapon, an alarming new report has warned.
Daily Express. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:49:52 +0100.
- UN nuke watchdog: Iran pressing on with uranium enrichment
Iran continues to increase it's uranium stockpile to amounts that could allow the nation to build a nuclear weapon.
Fox News. Tue, 07 Sep 2021 21:18:48 GMT.
- Why Are We Still Building Nuclear Weapons? Follow the Money
Nuclear weapons continue to pose an existential threat to humanity. But special interests continue to press to build a new generation of these deadly systems.
By William Hartung, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 10 Aug 2021 13:03:13 -0400.
The word nuclear is an adjective. Nuclear means (1) constituting or like a nucleus, (2) (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy, (3) of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of an atom, (4) of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of a cell.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.