Nuclear Power News
- Liz Truss urges Britain not to depend too much on China but to instead forge sensitive projects
The Foreign Secretary has urged Britain not to become strategically dependent on China, casting doubt over plans for China General Nuclear Power Group to build 20 per cent of Sizewell C.
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 14:26:17 +0100.
- Energy crisis: Government has domestic nuclear option as China is frozen out
It seems China will have no part in the construction of new nuclear power stations in Britain.
Sky News. Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:57:00 +0100.
- Hinkley nuclear power station on track for 2026 opening
The site in Somerset is 49% complete after five years of construction.
BBC News. Wed, 29 Sep 2021 05:27:04 GMT.
- China nuclear reactor: French partner calls meeting over leak
EDF said it called meeting after learning of build-up of noble gases in one of Taishan nuclear power plant reactors.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:52:06 +0000.
- Hinkley C: Hundreds more needed to finish nuclear power station
The new jobs will include roles in construction, welding and electrical installation roles.
BBC News. Mon, 24 May 2021 23:13:14 GMT.
- Erdogan, Putin Witness Launch Of Construction At Turkish Nuclear Plant
The Russian and Turkish presidents have witnessed the launch of construction of a new reactor at Turkey's first nuclear power plant.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 10 Mar 2021 16:49:37 +0000.
- Ditch Nuclear And Save $860 Million With Grid Flexibility, U.K. Told
The U. K. could save money, reduce the risk of blackouts and more quickly achieve net zero carbon emissions by abandoning plans to build more nuclear power plants and instead invest in a flexible electricity grid, new analysis has found.
By David Vetter, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 30 Nov 2020 12:43:51 -0500.
- Study identifies reasons for soaring nuclear plant cost overruns in the US
Researchers have analyzed the causes of many cost overruns on new nuclear power plants in the US, which have soared in the past 50 years. The findings may help designers of new plants build in resilience to prevent such added costs.
Science Daily. Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:18:22 EST.
- Why NASA wants to put a nuclear power plant on the moon
NASA plans to build a nuclear power plant on the moon and Mars to support its long-term exploration plans.
CNBC. Mon, 16 Nov 2020 22:56:47 GMT.
- Iran begins building 2nd nuclear power reactor at Bushehr
Authorities began pouring concrete for the base of the reactor on Sunday in the presence of journalists in Bushehr, some 700 kilometers (440 miles) south from Tehran.
Voice of America. Sun, 10 Nov 2019 07:34:23 -0500.
Nuclear Power Plant Cooling Towers
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.