- Chicago grieves on 9/11 anniversary
Twenty years ago, nearly 3,000 people were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, when hijackers took control of four large passenger jets, flying two into the Twin Towers buildings in Manhattan and a third into the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. ...
Chicago Tribune. Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:55:12 +0000.
- Most of the apartments where New Yorkers drowned were illegal residences.
Four of the five basement apartments where people were killed in Queens were illegal conversions, as was one in Brooklyn, the Department of Buildings said.
Matthew Haag and Jonah E. Bromwich. New York Times. Fri, 03 Sep 2021 21:10:10 +0000.
- Student-athlete killed when elevator collapses in Atlanta apartment building
A 19-year-old student-athlete was killed in an elevator accident after it collapsed on him inside an Atlanta apartment building on Tuesday, authorities said.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Thu, 02 Sep 2021 17:57:46 GMT.
- Report: Evidence of extensive corrosion in collapsed US condo
Corrosion was obvious and documented prior to the 12-storey building's sudden collapse, which killed 98.
Al Jazeera. Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:40:20 +0000.
- Thompson Center redesign contest ideas include hotel, shopping center, waterpark
Helmut Jahn, a prominent German architect killed in a bicycle crash earlier this year, designed and helped build the Thompson Center in 1984.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 25 Aug 2021 14:17:22 +0000.
- Foreign aid trickles in to rural Haiti as officials fear many still buried in rubble
A drip of foreign aid began to reach more rural areas of southwestern Haiti on Thursday, arriving five days after a powerful earthquake killed more than 2,000 and flattened tens of thousands of buildings into rubble.
News Wires. France 24. Fri, 20 Aug 2021 01:48:45 GMT.
- Anonymous bidder offers $120m for site of Miami condo collapse
A total of 98 residents were killed when the building collapsed
Graeme Massie. The Independent. Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:56:58 GMT.
- Private bidder offers $120 million to buy lot where collapsed Surfside condo building once stood
A private bidder has made a $120 million offer to purchase the beachfront land where the Champlain Towers South building stood before the deadly destruction on June 24- which killed 98 people.
Daily Mail. Wed, 11 Aug 2021 22:03:34 GMT.
- Pentagon IDs officer killed in violence outside building
The Pentagon police force has identified the officer who was fatally stabbed at a transit center outside the building.
KETV. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 14:49:00 GMT.
- Officer killed in stabbing outside Pentagon
A Pentagon police officer was fatally stabbed at a transit station just outside the building. There was no immediate word on a motive. The Pentagon had been briefly locked down during the incident Tuesday.
CBS News. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 20:23:34 -0400.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.