- First example of Roman crucifixion in the UK unearthed in Cambridgeshire
The remains of a man with a nail through his heel were discovered ahead of building work for a new housing development.
Sam Russell. The Independent. Wed, 08 Dec 2021 14:19:36 GMT.
- Major apartment community planned for Painted Tree in McKinney
A Georgia-based developer will construct 600 apartment units at Painted Tree in McKinney, making the masterplanned community one of the most diverse in North Texas when it comes to housing options.
Bill Hethcock. American City Business Journals. Tue, 07 Dec 2021 22:50:39 +0000.
- Government apologises for 'past failures' which 'created the environment' for Grenfell Tower fire
The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities apologised for past failures in oversight of the system regulating safety within the construction industry
Daily Mail. Tue, 07 Dec 2021 17:52:40 +0000.
- 60 years after being taken for abandoned L.A. freeway, homes may get new life
City and state officials unveiled a plan Friday to acquire 77 parcels from the California Department of Transportation and build affordable housing and parks in El Sereno where the 710 Freeway was once supposed to go.
Liam Dillon. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 4 Dec 2021 13:00:39 GMT.
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Gains Ground in Homebuilding: Here's How
A solid housing market backdrop and buyouts are encouraging for Toll Brothers (TOL).
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:34:00 GMT.
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Stock on Fire: Rallies 81% YTD
A solid housing market backdrop, buyouts and digital solutions are encouraging for Builders FirstSource (BLDR).
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:28:00 GMT.
- 10-year Treasury yield turns lower on Wednesday after housing starts slip
The 10-year U.S. Treasury yield fell Wednesday following the government's October housing starts and building permits report.
CNBC. Wed, 17 Nov 2021 21:16:16 GMT.
- Housing starts dip modestly in October amid supply chain issues
Privately owned housing starts dipped 0.7 percent in October while single-family housing starts dropped 3.9 percent, according to U.S. Census Bureau residential construction data
Lillian Dickerson. Inman. Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:43:26 +0000.
- Builder confidence soars as demand overshadows supply chain issues
Despite shortages of materials, lots and labor, consumer demand beat expectations, according to the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index.
Lillian Dickerson. Inman. Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:38:46 +0000.
- At least 10 missing in Turkey building collapse
At least 13 were injured when a two-storey building housing restaurants and a coffee shop collapsed.
Straits Times. Wed, 10 Nov 2021 00:48:46 +0800.
The word housing is a noun. Housing means (1) stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse, (2) housing structures collectively; structures in which people are housed, (3) a protective cover designed to contain or support a mechanical component.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.