Home Construction News
- Labor shortages impede home construction
Not only are builders facing a shortage of materials amid supply chain issues, they're also hampered by labor shortages.
CBS News. Thu, 02 Dec 2021 19:14:41 -0500.
- Poor neighborhoods bear the brunt of extreme heat, 'legacies of racist decision-making'
Paved surfaces, tree cover, and home construction quality can make the difference between heat waves being an inconvenience or a threat to your life.
Tony Barboza, Ruben Vives. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 28 Oct 2021 12:00:21 GMT.
- Austin metro is one of the nation's busiest places for home construction but low supply persists
Austin has seen a huge amount of residential construction in the past decade. More single-family rental permits were filed in the Texas capital region than in Washington D.C., Nashville or Tampa. ...
Michelle Pitcher. American City Business Journals. Tue, 26 Oct 2021 19:45:20 +0000.
- US home construction falls 1.6% amid supply chain bottleneck
Low interest rates have lured buyers into the market but rising costs for materials have pushed prices up.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 15:29:58 +0000.
- 5 tips for helping buyers navigate new home construction
Dealing with a new construction is very different from resale, and agents who understand that difference will ultimately win in this market. Here's what you need to know and how to educate your clients along the way.
Jenny Usaj. Inman. Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:00:53 +0000.
- Prices for home construction materials dip for first time in 2021
Builders got a break in August from the price increases of previous months, but the unpredictable swings in costs remained unwelcome.
Daniel Houston. Inman. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:09:14 +0000.
- Home Construction Slumps as Supply Constraints Weigh on Production
Housing starts fell 7 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.534 million units last month, according to a Commerce Department report.
The Epoch Times. Entrepreneur. Thu, 19 Aug 2021 21:33:45 GMT.
- Finding The Right Partners Helped This Father-Of-Two Keep His Business Growing
Wes Johnson, 47, started his business Lawson Hammock in Raleigh, N.C. in 2005 when he was working in home construction and looking for a side hustle. ...
By Elaine Pofeldt, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:54:25 -0400.
- Home construction sees biggest drop since pandemic hit. Here's why
Despite a historic shortage of homes for sale, homebuilders are actually slowing production, handcuffed by skyrocketing commodity prices.
CNBC. Tue, 18 May 2021 13:46:58 GMT.
- Housing & Permits Outperform on Strong Single-Family
1.74 million new home construction projects were generated for the month of March, well beyond the 1.62 million consensus estimate. For Building Permits -- a proxy for future Housing Starts -- came in at 1.766 million.
Mark Vickery. Zacks. Fri, 16 Apr 2021 14:08:00 GMT.
- Custom Home Builders (Information)
This custom home building page comprises information about custom home construction
careers in the United States of America plus a photo of a custom brick home on a large, landscaped lot.
Single-Family Home Construction
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.