Home Construction News
- Prices for home construction materials dip for first time in 2021
Builders got a break in August from the price increases of previous months, but the unpredictable swings in costs remained unwelcome.
Daniel Houston. Inman. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:09:14 +0000.
- Hot demand, labor shortages persist for Dayton-area homebuilders
Low mortgage rates, wage growth and changing tastes from the pandemic all contribute to increased housing demand and rising prices. But there are three big issues impacting new home construction in the Miami Valley.
Allyson B. Crawford. American City Business Journals. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 19:23:22 +0000.
- Home Construction Slumps as Supply Constraints Weigh on Production
Housing starts fell 7 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.534 million units last month, according to a Commerce Department report.
The Epoch Times. Entrepreneur. Thu, 19 Aug 2021 21:33:45 GMT.
- Finding The Right Partners Helped This Father-Of-Two Keep His Business Growing
Wes Johnson, 47, started his business Lawson Hammock in Raleigh, N.C. in 2005 when he was working in home construction and looking for a side hustle. ...
By Elaine Pofeldt, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:54:25 -0400.
- US new home construction misses target as lumber prices climb
High lumber prices and shortages of material and labour have builders struggling to boost the production of new homes.
Al Jazeera. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 16:52:56 +0000.
- Home construction sees biggest drop since pandemic hit. Here's why
Despite a historic shortage of homes for sale, homebuilders are actually slowing production, handcuffed by skyrocketing commodity prices.
CNBC. Tue, 18 May 2021 13:46:58 GMT.
- Housing & Permits Outperform on Strong Single-Family
1.74 million new home construction projects were generated for the month of March, well beyond the 1.62 million consensus estimate. For Building Permits -- a proxy for future Housing Starts -- came in at 1.766 million.
Mark Vickery. Zacks. Fri, 16 Apr 2021 14:08:00 GMT.
- Rising rates are slowing home construction
Housing starts plummeted in February as interest rates and lumber costs soared.
Patrick Kearns. Inman. Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:50:51 +0000.
- How Would A Second Trump Term Impact Major Housing Issues?
President Trump hasn't said how he'd handle housing issues going forward, but during his first term the administration has made several moves to both protect companies associated with home construction and roll back Obama-era policies.
By Natalie Campisi, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 25 Aug 2020 13:42:43 -0400.
- U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB) Hits New 52-Week High
The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB) has hit a new 52-week high. Are more gains in store?
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Mon, 24 Aug 2020 20:31:00 GMT.
- Custom Home Builders (Information)
This custom home building page comprises information about custom home construction
careers in the United States of America plus a photo of a custom brick home on a large, landscaped lot.
Single-Family Home Construction
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.