- UK: Mixed response to controversial Brick Lane redevelopment plan
Critics say overhaul of historic brewery buildings on famed East London thoroughfare will 'drive out' local businesses.
Al Jazeera. Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:29:09 +0000.
- When a Natural Disaster Hits, Structural Engineers Learn From the Destruction
StEER engineers assess why some buildings survive hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and tsunamis, and why others do not
Smithsonian. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:02:02 +0000.
- 8-story apartment building proposed on retail block in Cherry Creek
The proposed boutique, luxury apartment project would replace several existing buildings in Cherry Creek North.
James Rodriguez. American City Business Journals. Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:48:01 +0000.
- A Plan to Hasten the Sale of Surplus Federal Property Gets Bogged Down
A little-known independent board created to expedite the disposal of unused land and buildings has been hampered by a lawsuit, staff shortages and pushback from other agencies.
Jane Margolies. New York Times. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:00:22 +0000.
- UK scientists make 'cosmic concrete' with astronaut blood and space dust
Scientists in Britain have created a new material suitable for constructing buildings in space using space dust and bodily fluids from astronauts.
Sky News. Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:54:00 +0100.
- Restoring confidence in apartment buildings is vital for city living
Holding those responsible for shoddy work, and restoring public confidence in apartments, is critical to helping to address key challenges facing Sydney.
The Herald's View. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:15:00 +1000.
- Photographer Peter Rajkai sets Instagram alight with photos of amazing buildings and landscapes
Scrolling through photographer Peter Rajkai's Instagram feed is a journey of discovery. Here we present 20 of Peter's top shots, taken in the likes of Greenland, Hungary and the UK.
Daily Mail. Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:12:57 GMT.
- Italy tornado: Two dead after whirlwind rips across island of Pantelleria
Nine injured as cars flipped, buildings damaged and poles ripped out from the ground
Ella Glover. The Independent. Sat, 11 Sep 2021 18:41:19 GMT.
- Chicago grieves on 9/11 anniversary
Twenty years ago, nearly 3,000 people were killed on Sept. 11, 2001, when hijackers took control of four large passenger jets, flying two into the Twin Towers buildings in Manhattan and a third into the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. ...
Chicago Tribune. Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:55:12 +0000.
- U.S. Capitol rally organizers look to expand to 13 states
Organizers of the “Justice for J6” rally near the U.S. Capitol set for Sept. 18 say they also are planning to host additional rallies near 13 state capitol buildings on the same day. ...
Emily Zantow. Washington Times. Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:55:52 -0400.
- General Contractors (Information)
General contractors are firms that contract to do construction projects for owners of buildings
or other facilities. A general contractor is responsible to construct a project in accord with contract document specifications.
Urban Skyscraper Buildings
Copyright © 2012-2021 Construction-News.org. All rights reserved.