- E-Commerce Logistics Test Limits of Tilt-Up Construction
While “fulfillment centers” and other e-commerce logistic facilities drive a hot market for the manufacturing sector, traditional construction methods such as tilt-up concrete panels are being pushed to ever-greater heights.
Engineering News-Record. Wed, 09 Jan 2019 16:47:00 -0500.
- Starting in 2020, all new homes in California must come with solar panels. Builders are getting ready
When Irvine-based City Ventures started sticking solar panels on all of its homes six years ago, the builder emerged as a front-runner in the race toward energy-efficient home building. ...
Jack Flemming. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 14 Dec 2018 03:00:00 PST.
- California clears final hurdle for state's landmark solar panel mandate for new homes
A requirement for new homes built in California starting in 2020 to include solar rooftop panels is now formally part of the state's building code after a panel on Tuesday unanimously gave its approval to the plan.
CNBC. Thu, 06 Dec 2018 05:02 GMT.
- Company seeks to build solar panels on town parking garage
BRATTLEBORO, Vt. (AP) - A Vermont solar energy development company has announced plans to build solar panels on a Brattleboro parking garage. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 10 Nov 2018 14:34:12 -0500.
- Apple London Store Re-Opens: 5 Secret Features And An Astonishing Attention To Detail
The London Covent Garden store was closed for 17 weeks and re-opened today with subtle changes, secret panels and commitment to respecting the building.
By David Phelan, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:46:00 -0400.
- Public safety justifies building facade's recladding: Judge
For reasons of public safety, among others, a High Court judge made clear the owner of Centennial Tower was justified in recladding the entire facade of the 35-storey building, from which two stone panels had fallen.
Straits Times. Sat, 15 Sep 2018 05:00:00 +0800.
- 'Regluing' Oregon State's Showcase for Mass Timber
The tally of how many defective cross-laminated timber panels need replacement on a $79-million college of forestry building at Oregon State University is almost complete.
Engineering News-Record. Wed, 05 Sep 2018 09:29:00 -0400.
- Tokyo to build eco-friendly 'solar roads' ahead of 2020 Olympics
The roads are made up of a system of solar panels painted with a special resin to enhance durability
Staff and Agencies. The Independent. Sun, 10 Jun 2018 18:34:39 +0000.
- California becomes first US state to require solar on...
California on Wednesday became the first US state to require solar panels on all new residential buildings as part of efforts to cut greenhouse ...
Daily Mail. Thu, 10 May 2018 03:15:41 +0100.