- Two firms fined $77k for damaging water mains
Two construction companies have been fined a total of $77,000 for causing serious damage to potable water mains which resulted in water lost that was enough to fill three Olympic-size swimming pools.
Straits Times. Fri, 04 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0800.
- Japan firms fined $3.4 million over maglev bid-rigging
Two major construction companies were Monday ordered to pay fines totalling more than $3 million for colluding to win contracts on Japan's multi-billion-dollar maglev project. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 22 Oct 2018 04:16:16 -0400.
- Robot bricklayers to be deployed in Brexit Britain as developers grapple with skills shortage
Construction companies could deploy drones and machines to keep the UK building, says report
Staff Reporter. The Independent. Sun, 16 Sep 2018 23:19:49 +0000.
- Homebuilder and construction stocks enter bear market
Stocks of major home construction companies fell on Wednesday, beleaguered by a slump in U.S. equity trading and a decline in homebuilder sentiment.
CNBC. Wed, 15 Aug 2018 19:59 GMT.
- HM's 2018 Top Construction Companies Survey is open
The survey is open through June 25 and results will be published in our August issue.
Elaine Simon. Hotel Management. Tue, 22 May 2018 18:25:05 +0000.
- Wisconsin men accused of faking companies to win contracts
MILWAUKEE (AP) - A federal indictment in Milwaukee alleges two men used fake construction companies to steal more than $200 million in government-funded contracts meant for businesses run by disabled veterans and disadvantaged individuals. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 03 Apr 2018 17:35:21 -0400.
- Japan maglev contractors formally charged in bid rigging
Prosecutors have formally charged four of Japan's biggest construction companies in alleged collusion on bids for a multibillion dollar high-speed maglev train line connecting Tokyo and central Japan
ABC News. Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:40:58 -0400.
- FINALCAD Launches New App for Windows 10 to Support the Evolution of Microsoft Installed Base in Construction Companies
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#construction--FINALCAD today announced the launch of its new Windows 10 app. ... ...
Business Wire. Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:00:00 UTC.
- 30 Workers Fell While Building the Golden Gate Bridge
During the construction of the Golden Gate bridge, the construction companies had a grim rule of thumb: one worker fatality for every million dollars spent
Smithsonian. Tue, 30 Jan 2018 13:00:00 +0000.