- Granite Construction Stock Far From Rock Solid
Granite Construction (GVA) reported a first quarter loss of 53 cents per share, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a wide margin. This prompted analysts to revise their earnings estimates significantly lower for both 2013 and 2014. ...
By Zacks.com. Forbes. Mon, 20 May 2013 16:44:33 GMT.
- VIDEO: Cuban golf courses no longer 'elitist'
Five decades after Fidel Castro ordered Cuba's golf courses to be closed down because he considered them "elitist", the island's communist government has approved the construction of a luxury golf resort.
BBC News. Sat, 18 May 2013 17:11:34 GMT.
- Azeri SOCAR to borrow $4 bln to build refinery in Turkey
Azeri state energy firm SOCAR plans to borrow about $4 billion from foreign banks to finance construction Turkey's second refinery.
Hurriyet. Sat, 18 May 2013 11:57:00 +0200.
- Bechtel Ranks First On Top Contractors List
RESTON, Va., May 17, 2013 -- Bechtel has been named the top U.S. contractor in 2013 by Engineering News-Record (ENR), a leading publication for the engineering and construction industry. ...
PR Newswire. Fri, 17 May 2013 16:18:00 EDT.
- Chinese Environmental Protesters Demand Transparency
In the short space of several weeks, two provinces in China have seen three protests against the construction of oil refinery plants. Protesters say they are concerned about the possible health and environmental impact of the plants. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 17 May 2013 09:22:35 -0400.
- China's Environment Ministry Approves Huge Hydro Dam
China's environment ministry has given the go-ahead for the construction of what will become the country's tallest hydroelectric dam despite acknowledging it will have an impact on plants and rare fish. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 17 May 2013 06:54:55 -0400.
- Little Rock School District Announces Fiber-Optic Network Agreement With Unite Private Networks
Construction of 65 Mile Fiber-Optic Network to Serve 56 School Sites
Marketwire. Thu, 16 May 2013 20:50:23 EDT.
- Vancouver anarchists linked to housing complex fire
An anarchist group appears to be taking responsibility for a fire early Wednesday morning at a housing complex under construction in East Vancouver.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 16 May 2013 20:32:22 EDT.
- MADD Canada : Un Marketwire - Real Estate and Construction Marketwire.com Where's the Juice?
Marketwire - Real Estate and Construction May 2013 U.S. Economic and Housing Market Outlook
Marketwire. Thu, 16 May 2013 13:19:53 EDT.
- China gives environmental assessment for hydropower plant
The Ministry of Environmental Protection has given an assessment for the construction of a major hydropower plant in southwest China's Sichuan Province.